Since, weekend is around the corner, we can’t wait to have some fun with a book, some coffee and delicious food. Well, to be honest most of us start waiting for the weekend on Monday itself. Because the weekend means good food, some rest and binge watching. But with greying hair and growing age we all want our food to be delicious and healthy as well. This weekend you can treat your tongue while nourishing your soul with some healthy vegan noodle recipe.
We are going to share two mouthwatering vegan noodle recipes that you have not tried yet but would absolutely love. Let’s get going.
Vegan Noodle Recipe 1: Indo-Chinese Hakka Noodles With Vegetables
Chinese food in India is highly Indianised. This vegan noodle recipe also carries the mixed flavours of Indian and chinese cuisine.
For the Noodles:
- 1 package of hakka noodles
- 1 large carrot, shredded or cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup French beans, sliced
- 1 cup tofu, drained, pressed, and cubed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt, to taste
For the Sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1-inch ginger piece, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Method of Preparation
- For making the sauce, blend all the ingredients in a blender until you get a smooth paste.
- Break the noodle cake and add it in boiling water so that it separates and gets ready for further cooking
- Now, drain and spread the noodles on a large plate. Drizzle some oil over the noodles to avoid sticking together.
- Take a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and add the cubed tofu, cook on medium-high heat until the cubes turn golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the tofu cubes onto a paper towel-lined plate and keep them aside.
- Clean the wok again, heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil then add chili flakes and onions.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the ground paste and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add some soy sauce and vinegar and mix well.
- Now increase the heat, add the bell pepper, carrot, and beans.
- Cook until the vegetables are crisp and retain their color and crunch.
- Add the shredded cabbage and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the noodles. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes so that the flavours are mingled well.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve hot.
Vegan Noodle Recipe 2: Rainbow Pad Thai
This vegan noodle recipe is filled with nutritious vegetables and has a lip smacking thai flavour.
For the Pad Thai:
- 2 cups rice noodles
- 2-3 carrots, julienned
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 5-6 green onions, chopped
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, brown sugar, or agave syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Chopped raw cashews
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Sesame seeds
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Mix the lime juice, liquid aminos, sugar, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Add the noodles and boil till it disentangles
- Drain the noodles and put them back into the pot.
- Now, add in the vegetables and pour the sauce over top.
- Gently toss to combine.
- Serve with some chopped cashews, sesame seeds, and coriander.
Try this healthy, vegan noodle recipe and treat yourself with some delectable food over the weekends. Our food plays an instrumental role in our well being. Hence, eat healthy, nutritious, food made from organically produced ingredients.
Try 24 Mantra Organic’s sesame seeds and savour the taste of organic goodness.