for the sattu paratha recipe:
For the Paratha:
- In a wide bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt and mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead into a soft dough.
- Close the bowl with a lid and let the dough rest for 30 mins. Moving to the next part of this sattu paratha recipe.
For the Stuffing:
- In a mixie jar, add ginger, garlic, green chilies, mango pickle and pulse to a coarse paste.
- For this special sattu paratha recipe, yake sattu flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt, ajwain and mix well.
Add the coarsely ground paste, chopped onions, pickle oil, lemon juice, coriander leaves and mix with your finger tips till it resembles like bread crumbs.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Divide equally into 6 portions and make each portion into a ball and keep aside.
How to make Sattu Paratha, the crucial part of the sattu paratha recipe:
- Divide the paratha dough equally into 6 portions and make each portion into a ball.
- Take a ball and gently flatten between your palm and shape into a cup.
Place a sattu stuffing ball into the cup and bring the edges together and pinching the seams.
- Once again make a ball. Follow the same and make 5 more stuffed balls.
- Place the stuffed ball on a rolling board and using flour for dusting, roll into a disc using a rolling pin to form an 8 inch dia.
How to cook Sattu Paratha:
- Heat a tawa or a griddle. When its hot, place a rolled out paratha and cook over medium heat.
- After a few seconds, drizzle few drops of oil all around the paratha and cook till few spots on top puff up.
- Flip it and cook the other side after drizzling few more drops of oil around till its lightly browned.
- Follow the steps till all the parathas are cooked.
- Serve this Organic Sattu Paratha hot with pickle, curds or any vegetable curry of your choice.
Make the best out of this sattu paratha recipe my giving it your own twist and enjoy!