Foxtail Millet – Lime Rice
( Kangni / Korra / Tenai / Navane )
- Wash and drain a cup of millet.
- To a cup of millet add 2 cups of water and cook them by simmering.
- Foxtail cooks best when cooked slowly like in case of electric cooker fluff the millet.
- Take a tbsp of oil in a pan. Sputter mustard seeds.
- Add red chilly, urad dal & peanuts. Roast them.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, a spoon of turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp of hing & put off the flame.
- Add the cooked millet, salt as required and juice of 2 lime. Mix gently.