Foxtail Millet – Pesarattu
( Kangni / Korra / Tenai / Navane )
- Wash and soak foxtail millet and whole green gram together for 5-6 hours. Grind it coarsely just like adai with red chillies, green chillies, ginger, needed salt and little water. The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Leave it to ferment for 5-6 hours. If you want to prepare it for dinner, soak it in the morning and grind it before noon.
- Before making pesarattu, add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves to the batter.
- Heat a tawa on medium flame, take a ladle of batter and pour it in the center. Spread it in a circular motion just as you do for dosa. Drizzle a tsp of oil around the pesarattu. Using the back of the ladle make holes in the pesarattu so that it will get cooked well. Drizzle a little oil in the holes also.
- When the corners start lifting up, flip the pesarattu to the other side. Drizzle another half tsp of oil around the pessarattu.
- Once cooked remove from tawa and serve hot with any