Foxtail Millet – Khichdi
( Kangni / Korra / Tenai / Navane )
- Chop all the vegetable into medium sized pieces.
- Wash and soak millets along with moong dal in 1 1/2 cup of hot water for 2 -2 1/2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, cumin seeds, red chillies, hing black pepper and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions, ginger, green chillies and saute until onions turn pink.
- Then add all the vegetables, drumstick leaves, turmeric powder, salt needed and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soaked millet along with the water. Check for salt by tasting the water.
- Close the cooker and cook for 2 whistles on medium flame, then simmer for another 5 minutes and switch it off. Once the pressure subsides, open the cooker, add a tsp of ghee and mix the kichadi well.
- Serve hot with any raita of your choice. Believe me, the khichdi tasted delicious. Do try it and give me your feedback.