Millet flour – Onion pakoda
- Wash and slice big onions thinly. Wash and chop ginger, greenchillies, mint, curryleaves, coriander leaves & set aside.
- In a wide bowl,take all the ingredients except cooking oil and ghee. Mix all the ingredients well without adding water. Onions will leave water while u mix. So mix everything together.
- Heat oil to deep fry. Take a tbsp of hot oil and add to the flour. Addghee. Mixwell.Then sprinkle few drops of water and make a dough.
- Put a drop of batter & check the heat of oil.If the batter comes up immediately,oil is ready. Reduce the flame to medium high & pinch in a portion of batter and drop in the oil in a sprinkled manner. Cook till onions turn golden brown.Remove in a tissue and enjoy eating hot with tea!
1) Gram flour is used for binding and rice flour for crispiness.
2) You can follow the above recipe and make pakodas with kambumaavu or thinai too.
3) Hot oil is added to give crispy pakoda. Don’t skip it.Ghee is for softness.